Please read carefully before using this site
Latest Revision: 29-09-2023
Effective Date: 01-03-2022
NAUATECH respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your data. This privacy notice will inform you how we look after your data when you visit our website (regardless of where you see it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Purpose of this privacy notice
1. This privacy notice aims to give you information on how NAUATECH collects and processes your data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you create your account with us or register for any of our events, initiatives, services or in general through any electronic forms linked to us and our platforms.
2. You must read this privacy notice and any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and will not intend to override them.
3. NAUATECH is currently presented as a trademark registered and owned by Oufouq Al Tajrouba for Information Technology firm in Saudi Arabia. This privacy notice is on behalf of both the firm and the brand, so when we mention “NAUATECH”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to the relevant firm responsible for processing your data. Oufouq Al Tajrouba for Information Technology firm is the controller and responsible for this website.
4. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
5. It is essential that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your data changes during your relationship with us.
6. We will update you with any changes to this privacy notice.
7. This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking or enabling those links may allow third parties to collect or share your data. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The data we collect about you
8. Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person will identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
9. We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, which we have grouped as follows:
— Basic identity data, including first and last name, place of residence and city, gender, and current status.
— Optional identity data, including date of birth, nationality, personal photo, academic degree and field, university, establishment/employer name, industry and location, job information such as department, level and title, brief bio, skills, and interests.
— Contact data, including email address, mobile number, personal website, and social media accounts.
— Technical data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting, and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology you use to access this website.
— Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services.
— Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
10. We also collect, use, and share Aggregated Data, such as statistical or demographic data, for any purpose. Aggregated Data may derived from your data and will not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, suppose we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you. In that case, we treat the combined data as personal data, which this privacy notice will use.
11. We will not collect special categories of data from you – such as personal data concerning your race, religion, political opinions, health, family, or national information – unless you have chosen to provide that type of personal data to us as part of a registration for a program, initiative, service or research project. Where collected, such private category data will notify you clearly at the time of capture.
How is your data collected?
12. We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
— Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in electronic forms, electronic interviews, phone, email, or otherwise. Includes personal data you provide when you:
— Register to use our site or for our events;
— Subscribe to our newsletter;
— Enroll in an initiative, service, or program;
— Download content from our website;
— Take part in our community platform;
— Register to be part of our database of participants and collaborators;
— Give us some feedback;
— Participate in our market research.
13. Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We collect this personal data using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies.
14. Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties, including those set out below:
— Analytics providers such as Google،
— Events platforms such as Vimeo،
— Other third parties include business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment, and delivery services, advertising networks, and search information providers.
Purposes for which we will use your data
15. We will only use your data when the law allows us to. See below to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your data:
|Type of Data||Purpose / Activity|
|Identity, Contact||To register you as a new customer as part of your enrolment on any of our events, initiatives, services, and our community platform.|
|Identity, Contact, Marketing and Communications||To deliver information, reports, and newsletters according to your preferences.|
|Identity Contact, Technical||To administer and protect our business and this website, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, and support.|
|Identity, Technical, Usage||To make suggestions and recommendations about events, initiatives, or services that may interest you, use data analytics to improve our website, events, initiatives, services, community platform, marketing, customer relationships, and experiences./td>|
|Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage||To make suggestions and recommendations to you about events, initiatives, or services that may be of interest to you.|
16. We strive to provide you with choices regarding specific personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
17. We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, and Usage data to form a view on what we think you want or need or what interests you. That is how we decide which events, initiatives, services, and offers may be relevant for you. You will receive this marketing communication directly once you register with us.
18. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your data with any company outside NAUATECH and Oufouq Al Tajrouba for Information Technology firm for marketing purposes.
19. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as registering for an event, enrolling in an initiative or service, or submitting a form on the website. We will keep your email address to ensure we do not send you any marketing in the future.
Change of purpose
21. We will only use your data for the purposes we collected it unless we consider that we need to use it for another reason compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain it.
Disclosures of your data
22. We may have to share your data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the (Point 15):
— Websites, projects, products, or entities affiliated with Oufouq Al Tajrouba for Information Technology firm.
— Event platforms such as Vimeo.
— Community platforms such as Circle.
— Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other companies or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, the new owners may use your data the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
23. We require all third parties to respect the security of your data and treat it according to the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your data for their purposes and only permit them to process it for specified purposes and by our instructions.
24. We have implemented appropriate security measures to prevent your data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed unauthorizedly, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your data on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
25. We will only retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for and satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your data, the purposes for which we process your data, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
26. You can sometimes ask us to delete your data (see the YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS section below for further information).
27. In some circumstances, we may anonymize your data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
What we may need from you
28. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your data (or to exercise any of your other rights). That is a security measure to ensure that personal data will not disclosed to anyone with no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information about your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
29. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
30. You have the right to:
Request access to your data. That enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. That enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected. However, we need to verify the accuracy of your new data.
Request the erasure of your data. That enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data without a good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully, or where we are required to erase your data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons, which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Request restriction of processing of your data. That enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your data in the following scenarios: if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or you have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your data to you or a third party. We will provide you, or a third party you have chosen, your data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information you initially provided consent for us to use.